THIS IS THE HOMEPAGE!
sbv IMPROVER at a Glance
sbv IMPROVER stands for Systems Biology Verification combined with Industrial Methodology for Process Verification in Research. This approach aims to provide a measure of quality control of industrial research and development by verifying the methods used. The sbv IMPROVER project is a collaborative effort led and funded by PMI Research and Development. For more information please see Nature Biotechnology (2011) or Bioinformatics (2012).
It is different from other scientific crowdsourcing approaches as it focuses on the verification of processes in an industrial context, and not just on basic questions regarding science. The sbv IMPROVER approach allows an organization to benchmark its methods and industrial processes.
Today the scope of sbv IMPROVER is the verification of methods and concepts in systems biology research. However, the scope of the project could be extended to the verification of research processes in other industries such as pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, nutrition and environmental safety, to name a few.
Approach to Challenge Design
Why you should be Part of sbv IMPROVER
- Take the opportunity to compete for research grants
- Receive an independent assessment of your methods
- Gain access to high quality data
- Enhance your visibility and gain recognition from an international team of eminent scientists
- Publish: the results of the challenge and the identity of the best performing entrants will be submitted to a high impact peer reviewed journal
- Present your results at the sbv IMPROVER Symposium: the best performing entrants will be invited to present their approach at an international symposium
sbv IMPROVER. Verified by you.
The sbv IMPROVER project has the potential to lead to huge strides forward in our understanding of biological systems. Advanced technologies such as next generation sequencing and high-resolution mass spectrometry based proteomics are producing rich and complex datasets. By applying the computational power of the sbv IMPROVER community to the outputs of these technologies, we should be able to gain deep, robust and highly predictive insights into disease progression and therapeutic intervention.
The sbv IMPROVER Network Verification Challenge brought together scientists from around the world in many different disciplines to share their expertise in biological signaling.